Global Leaders Scholarship
If you are starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2020 a scholarship of £1,000 is available for your first year, subject to application and eligibility.
City, University of London is dedicated to attracting and developing the most promising students and our Global Leaders Scholarship is aimed at international and EU students. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and applicants' personal statements.
Available for the first year only, this scholarship is for students who have completed a non-UK home country's equivalent to 'A' Levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma) and meet the other eligibility requirements. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and applicants' personal statements.
Registration and deadline
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact the Admissions team, by completing the form, and choosing Scholarships in the enquiry category.
To be considered for the scholarship for 2020 entry, you must register by no later than 30th September 2020. As part of the application, you must provide a short personal statement of no more than 250 words that describes how an education at City, University of London will help you to develop into a global leader of the future. Applications will be assessed by members of the University Admissions Office on the basis of academic merit and the quality of applicants' personal statements. Shortlisted applicants may be required to provide further information.
You will be sent an email in January 2021 confirming your award and asking for your bank account details. You must confirm your bank account details to City by 15th January 2021 to enable your payment to be processed in February.
By applying for this scholarship, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the scholarship as set out in the tabs below.
The scholarship is worth £1,000. The scholarship is payable in year one of the course and cash payments will be made in February 2021.
To be eligible for a Global Leaders Scholarship, you must:
- Be an EU or international student with your home country's equivalent to 'A' levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma)
- International students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme
- Be applying for your first year of undergraduate study in 2020/21
- Achieve the grades set out in the terms of your offer from City
Please note: This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School. These students from Cass are encouraged to apply via the Scholarship pages for the Cass Business School International Scholarship.
The following terms and conditions are relating to 2020 entry only.
- The Scholarship is available to undergraduate students assessed as 'EU' or 'International' by City, University of London who meet the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions.
- The Scholarship is open to students who have further education qualifications from the education system of their home country. This includes international students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme. Students with 'A' Levels or International Baccalaureate are not eligible.
- Students must be registered full-time at City on 1st December 2020 to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student, i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- Students whose fees are reassessed after the start of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible.
- Students are required to register for the scholarship by 30th September 2020. Students who do not complete the application process by this deadline will not be eligible.
- If students have been offered a scholarship and do not meet the terms of their offer, but do still secure a place and enrol at City, the awarding of the scholarship is at the discretion of City. Where further consideration is required, cases will be referred to the Scholarships and Bursaries committee, whose decision is final.
- All qualifications are subject to confirmation by 15th November 2020.
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a Scholarship. Any additional information requested must be provided to City, University of London by 15th November 2020 in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students who withdraw from City before completion of the year will be liable to repay the Scholarship to City.
- Applications will be assessed by the University Admissions Office and all decisions of the Group are final.
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Scholarship and these will appear on our website.
- If, after applying for one of the scholarships, your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, you may be considered for one of the other available awards at the discretion of City.
- This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School.
- Students who are successful in their application to this scheme are not eligible to receive funding from any of our other scholarships.
- Students awarded the Scholarship will be required to provide their bank details by 15th January 2021.
- Scholarships are in the gift of the university and we can exclude an applicant at our discretion.