Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement
The School of Health Sciences has a number of bursaries of £1,000, £2000 or £3000 available for students applying to study on any of our post-registration MSc Programmes.
Please note that this does not include the following pre-registration courses:MSc Speech and Language Therapy, MSc Adult & Mental Health Nursing.
The Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate commitment to professional advancement but who would find it difficult to undertake postgraduate studies without some additional financial support.
Please note that your Bursary statement should be different from your personal statement used for the programme application, and should be focused on why you believe you should be awarded this Bursary.
For all successful applicants, the total bursary amount will be awarded to full-time students in the form of a fee waiver from the second fee installment. For part-time students, half of the amount will be awarded in the form of a fee waiver in the first year, and half in the second year of study (again coming off the second fee installment).
To qualify for The Dean's Bursary for Professional Advancement, you must:
- be a self-funded student and not in receipt of any other scholarships (except the alumni discount);
- be entering your first year of postgraduate study for the October or January intake on any one of our Masters programmes;
- be entering your first programme of study as a UK/EU or international student.
Application and selection
Applications for September 2021 and January 2022 are now being considered on a rolling basis. We look forward to receiving your application.
- The deadline for September 2021 applicants is: Tuesday 31st August 2021
- The deadline for January 2022 applicants is: Monday 06th December 2021
Please note that we cannot accept or review applications submitted after this date.
Please note: City, University of London, reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Dean's Bursary for Professional Advancement and these will appear on our website.