City Star Scholarship
The City Star Scholarship is designed to reward engineering undergraduate students who perform well in their studies at City, University of London. All undergraduate students who go on to study an engineering Master’s degree are eligible for the scholarship.
Students who accept a place on any of our engineering Master’s will be awarded a scholarship according to the degree classification they attain in their undergraduate degree:
- First Class Honours students will receive 35% of their fees
- Upper-second Class Honours students will receive 30% of their fees
- Lower-second Class Honours students will receive 25% of their fees
City Star Scholarships will be awarded automatically once a student has accepted an offer of a place on one of our engineering programmes and their degree results have been confirmed. There is no need to apply separately.
Terms and conditions
The City Star Scholarship will take the form of fee-waiver applied against the last payable instalment in any academic year.
The scholarship is only open to engineering undergraduate students taking one of the following master’s engineering programme at City, University of London:
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures (Nuclear Power Plants)
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Energy & Environmental Technology & Economics
- MSc Internet of Things with Entrepreneurship
- MSc Maritime Operations & Management
- MSc Maritime Operations & Management in Greece
- MSc Project Management, Finance & Risk
- MSc Renewable Energy & Power Systems Management
- MSc Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering
- MSc Air Safety Management
- MSc Air Transport Management
- Aircraft Maintenance Management
- MSc Airport Management
The scholarship cannot be transferred to a different course in the institution to the one applied for with the exception of another course listed above.
The scholarship cannot be applied to a fourth year MEng programme.
The level of scholarship is determined by the degree classification obtained by the student in their undergraduate programme of study.
Students repeating a postgraduate course at City, University of London will not be eligible for a scholarship. (Students granted mitigating circumstances by the Institution will be considered on an individual basis).
Students taking up a City Star Scholarship are not eligible to receive either a City, University of London Graduates Loyalty Bursary or Engineering Scholarships for UK/EU or international students.