City Education Grant
The City Education Grant is intended to provide additional financial support for new Home/UK undergraduates who are due to start their undergraduate course on/after September 2019. Students accepted to City through clearing will also be considered.
- Ordinarily resident in England
- New full-time entrants to Higher Education starting their 1st year in 2019/20;
- Household income of zero as assessed by Student Finance England by 31st October 2019; OR
- From a Low Participation Neighbourhood POLAR4 Quintile 1 (students can check their postcode here); OR
- White men from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds; OR
- Attending City’s partner Academy
Priority will be given to student to meet additional criteria set out in City, University of London’s Access Agreement
Please see the terms and conditions for further details.
- £3,000 per academic year, for a maximum of three years depending on the household income remaining at zero in the proceeding academic years.
How to apply
Step 1. Apply for Student Finance through Student Finance England (SFE).
Step 2. Provide your household income to Student Finance England, please visit this website for further information.
Step 3. Both you and your sponsors/parents/partner/guardians must give consent to share your household income with City, University of London. Your consent must be activated on your Student Finance England account before/on 31st October 2019. For any queries on giving your consent please contact Student Finance England directly on 0300 100 0607.
Step 4. If you successfully complete steps 1 through to 3, you will then be considered for a grant, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
Important: you must provide your household income to Student Finance England and your consent to share your household income with City, University of London by 31th October 2019, otherwise you will not be considered for a grant for the full duration of your undergraduate course at City.
Notification and payment
Students who have been offered a grant, will be contacted during January 2020 by their City email address. Payments will be made in two equal instalments in January and April each year.