Article 26 Scholarship
City, University of London is pleased to offer the Article 26 Scholarships. The scholarship consists of full tuition fee support and a grant to help students with the costs of living and studying.
For new entrants to City in 2018, the scholarship will apply for each year of study on an undergraduate course.
Are you eligible?
To meet the eligibility criteria of the award for September 2018 entry, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an asylum seeker
- Have Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK (formally Limited Leave to Remain).
In addition to the above, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of undergraduate study from City, University of London, having applied through UCAS
- Have City, University of London as your Firm Choice on UCAS by Friday 29th June 2018
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of their application
- Be a new applicant to City, University of London, and not hold a Higher Education degree, or equivalent qualification
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant.
How much is the Article 26 Scholarship?
Three students per academic year will be awarded a scholarship. This will cover your full fees for all three years of undergraduate study. This would cover a maximum of four years if you are undertaking a foundation programme, integrated Masters or are studying abroad for a year during your programme. The award also includes a grant you do not have to pay back worth £12,102.
Please note, recipients of the scholarship will not be eligible for additional scholarships or bursaries from City, University of London.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria should:
- Make an application to City, University of London for undergraduate study via UCAS if you have not already done so
- Complete an application form and submit it alongside your evidence (more information will be available on the application). Application forms will be available on this page on 31st January 2018.
You will need to provide evidence of your immigration status when you make your application.
You will also need to provide a strong supporting statement from a referee. Further detail on this is provided on the application form.
The deadline for applications is Friday 29th June 2018.