Delivery of this module will be online due to government-issued guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic and may be made available face-to-face subject to Public Health England recommendations. Please submit your application and, once reviewed by the module leader, you will receive more specific information about the online delivery of your module and assessments.
The overall aim of the module is to provide an inter-professional course which develops and/or enhances the knowledge and skills of those working or planning to work in the field of Liaison Health Care.
* Models of liaison care and team working
* Introduction to literature critique
* Risk assessment & management of deliberate self-harm & suicide
* Liaison mental health care in relation to older adults
* Liaison mental health care in relation to the child & adolescent
* Liaison mental health care in relation to the antenatal & postnatal care
* Legislation and liaison mental health care including capacity and consent
* Liaison mental health care in relation to mental health & physical illness
* Liaison mental health in relation to substance misuse
* Evaluating liaison mental health care
* Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Please note that this module can be completed both at a BSc level (module NM3036) as well as a MSc level (module APM023). If you wish to apply for BSc level, you can do so via 'Book now' button on the module website: https://www.city.ac.uk/courses/cpd/liaison-mental-health-care
Term 1: Dates TBC
Module pre-requisites: Working in practice in mental health or allied services
Entry requirements: Graduate / professiona training entry for MSc
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.