How to pay and payment methods
City, University of London accepts the following methods of payment.
Debit or Credit card
All major cards including American Express are accepted online at https://epay.city.ac.uk and over the telephone by calling: +44 (0) 3300 889 571. You will need to provide your student registration number, so please have this to hand before telephoning or going online.
Overseas credit cards will be accepted in sterling. You may have to pay commission to your credit card issuer and will have to accept any exchange rate risk on the transaction.
Bank to bank transfers
If you are arranging a bank transfer to our bank account please allow 5 days for the payment to clear.
Our bank details are;
Account name: City, University of London
Account number: 03028836
Bank sort code: 50-00-00
Branch details: Natwest Bank PLC, PO Box 34, 15 Bishopsgate, London, EC2P 2AP
IBAN GB26NWBK50000003028836 and SWIFT NWBKGB2L
Please quote your student registration number on all bank transfers and email a copy of your remittance advice to email@example.com.
All bank charges and transaction fees associated with the bank to bank transfer must be paid by the remitter.
City does not offer a discount for payment in full at registration and nor does it charge an administrative fee for payment by instalment.
Globalpay for Students bank transfer
This is our preferred method for receiving bank transfers and payments from overseas, but please note that this service is also open to domestic students wishing to pay in British Pounds.
The City, University of London’s bank transfer platform Globalpay for Students is powered by Western Union Business Solutions. This service allows you, your family or your sponsor to securely send transfers from within the UK or from overseas for payment of your tuition fee in your local currency.
The process is quick and easy;
- Select the country you are paying from, how much you need to pay in GBP
- Choose your preferred method of payment
- Enter your payment and payor details
- Process the payment
If you pay via bank transfer: make the payment using the payment instructions generated through your bank online, at branch or via phone. For bank transfer to China, you will be redirected to the Geoswift website.
If you pay via online options: at the end of the process, you will be redirected to the partner website; Geoswift, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Tenpay, UnionPay, Trustly, Sofort etc.
The benefits for you are:
- Intuitive, mobile friendly interface for a seamless payment experience
- Pay international fees by bank transfer or online e-wallet
- Convenient payment methods including AliPay, WeChat Pay, Geoswift, Ten Pay, UnionPay, Trustly, Sofort, etc.
- NO transaction charges from City, University of London or Western Union Business Solutions
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Multi language platform: French, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish and Hindi
- Customer support service to help you in every step
- Peace of mind that your full payment will be received by the University
- Track your payment online step by step and receive a confirmation email once the payment is settled.
For further guidance, see the video link.
Cheque and Bank draft
The University does not accept personal cheques, business cheques or bankers drafts as a form of payment for any fees. Please make a payment using an alternative method, either a card payment online, over the telephone or by bank transfer.