Prospective SA Students
Some students have special or individual arrangements made for them for their examinations. These may be available to you if:
- You have a disability
- You have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia
- You have a mental health condition
- You are pregnant
- You are suffering from injuries that may affect your performance in exams.
How do I find out if I need special arrangements?
- Your first contact point should be the Learning Success team. You can make an appointment to see one of their specialist staff.
- At your meeting, your needs will be discussed and an assessment will made of what you need to support you in both your studies and examinations. You will need to submit any current certification you might have already so it is helpful to bring this to your appointment.
- The Learning Success team will inform the Exams Office of any relevant SA provisions which have been agreed for you.
- The Exams Office team will make the necessary arrangements for you and send you information about where your exams are to take place.
You can find more about the Learning Success team and the services they offer.
It is important that you arrange an appointment with the Learning Success team as soon as possible as some assessments, such as those for a learning difficulty, can take a number of weeks to complete.
Mental Health Conditions
The Mental Health Service is available for you if you have a diagnosed mental health difficulty. You can discuss with them possible adjustments around your examinations. The Mental Health Service team can also talk to you about other adjustments and support opportunities available to you.
The team can be contacted on please contact on 020 7040 8094 or email at email@example.com.