Research and Enterprise policies
City expects staff and students to seek to maintain the highest achievable standards in their research conduct. This page outlines key policies that staff should be familiar with before they engage in Research and Enterprise related activities.
Policies and guidance
- Annual Register of External Interests
- City, University of London Framework for Good Practice in Research
- Conflict of interest policy for academic and research staff
- Consultancy policy
- Data Protection (requires City log-in)
- Guidance on Research Centres, Units and Groups
- Information Compliance (requires City log-in)
- Intellectual Property (requires City log-in)
- Research Ethics Framework
Policies relating to employment of research staff
City has in place policies and practices to support members of staff who are employed on research staff terms and conditions. The terms and conditions of employment for research staff at City are identical to those for academic staff in many respects but there are aspects where the nature of employment and roles requires some distinction.
City has therefore produced a Guidance document on research staff employment matters to support School managers and Principal Investigators responsible for research staff appointments. There is also established policy on the grading of research staff and an agreed mechanism for considering applications for bridging funding for research staff. These documents are all available via the Human Resources webpages on the staff hub (City log-in required). Further information can be accessed in the documents listed below.
- City University London Concordat Implementation Action Plan, March 2012
- City University London HR Excellence in Research Award internal review, July 2014
- City HRER 4 year external review report reviewed June 2017
- City HRER Action Plan July 2014 updated July 2016 reviewed 2017
- City HRER Action Plan reviewed June 2017