This Centre is an elite Human-Computer Interaction group in London which takes great pride in its outstanding research, teaching and consultancy and business services.
Our prime focus is the relationship between people and innovative technology with the aim of creating more useful and usable systems.
We are a leading research centre in the UK:
- Featured project: Evaluating the Effects of a Virtual Communication Environment for People with Aphasia
- Our research focuses on creativity, collaboration, requirements engineering, healthcare, diverse users, novel interactions with information systems and innovative interfaces/devices. Find out more about our recent research projects
- Thinking about a PhD? Find out more about potential research topics.
We channel our research excellence into teaching:
- We offer a part-time/full-time MSc in Human-Computer Interaction Design (HCID) which focuses on designing for usability and user experience (UX) for innovative systems and technology. Our course strikes a healthy balance between fundamental theories and practical skills. This course attracts high-calibre students and has an excellent staff-student ratio. Apply now to the MSc in Human-Computer Interaction Design.
- Building on our strong research and teaching, we offer consultancy on user experience (UX), usability and interaction design.
Centre for Human-Computer Interaction Design
The sandbox provides observation space for larger groups and is a flexible multipurpose space. Fitted with multiple whiteboards and projectors, it's a perfect environment for ideation workshops.
The lab provides observation space from an adjoining control room via a one-way mirror. The control room accommodates a maximum of 4 people.
Well equipped user testing facility capable of evaluating anything from websites and mobile apps to smart TVs, VR and consumer products.
Latest computer software packages and 3D printer for rapid prototyping.