Dedicated to sophisticated, sociologically-inspired analysis, we examine the big ideas that underpin crime and criminal justice in contemporary society.
Based in the heart of London, a global city par excellence, City Criminologists study what is at their door-step:
- The key institutions of government
- Policy-making and the media
- Extreme socio-economic divides between globalisation’s winners and losers
- The police and criminal justice agencies
- Cutting-edge street culture and everyday urban life.
Our activities and events are inspired by the notion that theoretical innovation, clear thinking and rigorous research can offer much to scholars and practitioners alike.
We are committed to multidisciplinarity, collaboration and openness. We welcome a wide variety of interested parties to our events.
We are keen to hear from organisations who will be interested in meeting and/or working with us and from individuals who would be interested in undertaking PhD study.
- Dr Carrie Ann Myers
- Dr Emmeline Taylor
- Dr Gemma Birkett
- Dr Jonathan Ilan
- Dr Katrin Hohl
- Professor Chris Greer
- Professor Chris Rojek
- Professor Eugene McLaughlin
- Professor Betsy Stanko
- Dr Andy Myhill