Guidelines for External Researchers wishing to recruit participants from City
Researchers wishing to recruit staff or students from City, University of London will need to submit a request to the Senate Research Ethics Committee Secretary. Recruitment should not commence until permission has been given (please note that permission for access is not the same as ethical approval - your responses will not be submitted for additional ethical review).
You will need to provide:
- Justification for why City staff and/or students need to be recruited for the study
- Evidence that the study has ethical approval
- A copy of the submitted ethics application form
- Copies of consent forms and information sheets
- Details of intended recruitment methods, including copies of any advertisements
- Evidence that permission has been granted from the relevant Dean(s) of School(s) and/or Head(s) of Department(s) from which you are recruiting
- Evidence that suitable insurance arrangements are in place as City, University of London would not be liable for the research.