Images of Research
Images of Research at City, University of London is an annual competition and subsequent exhibition of City’s research activities.
This exhibition showcases in thought-provoking ways the application of some of the world-leading research carried out across the five academic Schools which make up City.
City prides itself on academic excellence for business and the professions. In essence, this means that our research not only results in the generation of new knowledge but, invariably, knowledge which can be applied in many ways - for example, in the creation of new products, new services, to inform decision making and to support economic growth.
The application process for the 2016 competition is now closed.
2016 entries will be judged by a panel comprising academic and visual communications experts. The best 20 images will be showcased across the institution as well as feature in key City events.
To apply, please email Andrew Huddart for an application form.
- Applications are welcome from academics, researchers and PhD students
- Only images that meet a basic criteria of linking the viewer to the context and content of the research will be admitted
- It is also important that the image stems from, or has been generated in response to, research activity. ‘Stock’ or found images will not be accepted
- Applicants must have copyrights to the photo
- The submitted image needs to relate to recent research work and be no more than 2-3 years old.
Guidelines for your image
All submitted images need to be:
- Full colour or black and white
- Landscape or portrait
- High resolution: the file should be a minimum of 300 dpi at A3 size. Set your camera to high resolution with no image compression
- Only jpg or tiff formats will be accepted.
The Images of Research team will be happy to advice on photographic content and how to tell your story. For examples of previous submissions please get in touch with Andrew Huddart.