The role of media and communications is vital in a global digital society and is a continually evolving industry.
Here at City we offer a range of practical short course and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that cover; digital design, advertising, public relations (PR), promotional media, social media, user analytics, copywriting, audio recording and video editing.
You can also benefit from our location in the heart of London; home to some of the world's leading media organisations. This gives you great internship and work-experience opportunities.
On our degree programmes you will learn the practical and contextual skills to work in industry, alongside intellectual tools and data analysis and necessary to understand the big picture of media and creative industries and their impact and societal influence.
Explore our media and communications courses
Studying Media and Communications will help you navigate this exciting and evolving industry can prepare you for a range of careers in fields like content marketing, advertising, marketing, public relations, copywriting, web editing, social media management, digital content creation and market research.
How to become an advertising executive
Discover what it takes to become an advertising executive and what you should expect as you progress your career in advertising.
How to become a journalist
Whichever type of journalism you choose, you will work with stories, communicating with an audience through a variety of media.
- Photoshop: An Introduction Short courses and professional development
- InDesign: An Introduction Short courses and professional development
- Adobe Illustrator Short courses and professional development
- Curating and Exhibition Management Short courses and professional development
- Introduction to Broadcast Journalism Short courses and professional development
- Going Freelance with Confidence Short courses and professional development
- Media and Communications MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Digital Filmmaking: A Practical Introduction Short courses and professional development
- Communication, PR and Advertising BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Media and Communications BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Media Production BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Erasmus Mundus Masters: Journalism, Media and Globalisation MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Media, Communication and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Communications and Development MA Postgraduate taught degree