Studying International Politics will enable you to develop a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and debates that are shaping policy and academia in a rapidly changing world.
At City, you will be based at the heart of a global political and financial capital, learning from internationally recognised leaders in their fields with expertise in International Relations, human rights, international security, peace and disarmament, migration, and foreign policy and diplomacy.
Our International Relations offering is focused on preparing students for a wide range of international careers in the public, private, academic, and non-profit sectors.
Explore our international politics courses
Our students move into careers in international organisations and NGOs, the civil service, media or the private and corporate sector, investment banking and economics.
How to become a civil servant
Working in the Civil Service opens up a huge variety of roles and opportunities with learning and development throughout your career.
How to become a political assistant
City will help you prepare for a role as a political assistant where you will be expected to undertake research, administrative support and publicity duties.
- Global Political Economy MA Postgraduate taught degree
- International Politics MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Politics PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree
- International Politics and Human Rights MA Postgraduate taught degree
- International Politics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Political Economy BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Journalism, Politics and History BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree