The Student Counselling, Mental Health and Accessibility Service is comprised of four teams which provide practical, emotional and specialist disability support to students.
Student Counselling and Mental Health has a team of professionally trained and widely experienced counsellors, group therapists and specialist mental health advisors.
We are accustomed to helping people from many different backgrounds and cultures with a wide range of personal, practical and academic concerns.
We work collaboratively within the Multidisciplinary team to provide you with the best possible support, enabling you to manage your wellbeing and academic studies and get the most out of your time at university. This may include:
- Brief one-off initial consultations: currently over Microsoft teams, this is a brief 20-minute session to talk to a member of our team about your circumstances and consider the support that may be available to you
- Our specialist Mental Health team supports students with a formal and long-term mental health diagnosis: this may include advice about your transition to university, guidance about university processes, recommendations for reasonable adjustments and mentoring to support you to manage your mental health alongside your studies to help you get the most out of your time at university
- Individual psychodynamic counselling and CBT: a free, confidential and inclusive service available to City students. Our team offers a safe place to talk and think about matters that are troubling or distressing you, working together to help develop a better understanding of these and learn how to manage your psychological health
- Longer-term counselling and therapeutic art groups: The Student Counselling Service runs a range of long and shorter-term groups to address a range of concerns, experiences and support needs
- Psychoeducational workshops are shorter focused groups that combine psychoeducation and practical strategies
- Self-help resource: Self-help resources via All Together, our moodle page and Instagram (@citystressless)
- Togetherall: a digital free and confidential mental health self-help and peer support service available to all students from any location 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- SCMHA moodle: you will find a wealth of self-help resources.