If you are applying to study on any of the post-registration MSc Programmes in the School of Health and Psychological Sciences, you may be eligible to apply for a bursary of £1,000, £2,000 or £3,000.
Please note that this does not include the following pre-registration courses (for information on the Scholarships available to you, please contact the pre-registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- MSc Speech and Language Therapy
- MSc Adult, Mental Health or Child Health Nursing
The Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement will be awarded to applicants who can demonstrate commitment to professional advancement but who would find it difficult to undertake postgraduate studies without some additional financial support.
For successful applicants, the total bursary amount will be awarded to full-time students in the form of a fee waiver from the second fee instalment. For part-time students, half of the amount will be awarded in the form of a fee waiver in the first year and half in the second year of study (again coming off the second fee instalment).
Applicants for the Dean's Bursary for Professional Advancement must:
- Be entering their first year of postgraduate study on one of our MSc programmes (October or January intake)
- Be entering their first year of postgraduate study as a UK/EU or international student
- Be self-funded and not in receipt of any other scholarships (except the Graduate Loyalty Discount).
The award will be granted strictly on merit after a shortlisting and selection process.
The decision will be made by a selection panel and will be final.
How to apply
Scholarship applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.
Applications for our September 2022 and January 2023 are now open.
- The deadline for our September 2022 is Friday 26th August 2022.
- The deadline for our January 2023 is Friday 16th December 2022.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis during the academic year.
Please note: City, University of London, reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Dean's Bursary for Professional Advancement and these will appear on our website.