City is proud to support equal access to higher education for forced migrants. The Sanctuary Scholarship consists of full tuition fee support and a grant to help with the costs of living.
The Sanctuary Scholarship provides a full tuition fee waiver and a grant of £13,510 (for a maximum of 3 years) per year of study to cover living expenses.
Successful applicants will also receive a place on the City Cares programme which provides a designated staff member to offer support and guidance throughout. We intend to award up to 3 undergraduate scholarships in 2021.
Are you eligible?
In order to be considered, applicants must have one of the following immigration statuses:
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Limited Leave to Remain (LL)
- Discretionary Leave to Remain (DL)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Refugee Status
- Refused Asylum Seeker (fresh claim submitted)
- Asylum Seeker.
In addition to the above, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have received a conditional or unconditional offer of full-time Undergraduate study from City, University of London, having applied through UCAS
- Be new full-time entrants to City and starting the first year of their degree as a new student (i.e. those starting in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are not eligible.)
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application
- Must not hold an undergraduate/postgraduate degree awarded in the UK and/or abroad
- As a direct result of your status you are not eligible for Tuition Fee Loans or Maintenance Loans from Student Finance England/Wales/NI/SAAS
- If you are applying for a programme that requires you to pass a DBS check in order to undertake clinical placements and participate in the course, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary documentation. Failure to pass the DBS checks, will result in a suspension/withdrawal from the programme.
How to apply
- Refer to the guidance notes when you fill out your application, this will help you to complete it accurately
- Once you have completed these steps you can proceed to submit an application
- The deadline to apply is the 30th June 2021. Unfortunately we cannot accept late applications.
Although every effort has been made to ensure information provided is accurate at the time of publication, it is possible that some information may be superseded before the start of the 2021/22 academic year.