A wide range of studentship opportunities are available if you are starting a PhD with City, University of London, from Research Councils covering a wide range of disciplines.
There are a number of Research Councils that may provide assistance funding individual PhD students through Doctoral Scholarships. Councils often provide other means of support and advice for postgraduate students as well.
In some cases, you will need to contact the relevant Council directly for more information about eligibility criteria and application forms. You should do this as early as possible, as many Councils have closing dates within the first half of the calendar year.
Councils that may support your PhD studentship include the following:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
- The Business School
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering.
Description: A number of Research Councils may provide assistance in funding PhD candidates through Doctoral Studentships, as well as other means of support.
Eligibility: Applicants for research degrees. Eligibility criteria varies between research councils.
Level of study: Research Degrees
Fee status: Home/UK, EU/EEA, International
Financial hardship: No.