This scholarship is offered to support a successful candidate applying for The Novel Studio, City's popular Short Course on the art of novel writing.
The aim of the scholarship is to support a student of talent and potential who might not otherwise be able to accept an offer of a place on The Novel Studio.
Applicants to the scholarship will go through the same process as all other applicants but will need to include a personal statement and provide evidence of financial need.
The top three applications will be shortlisted and a final winner chosen by a panel, including the course director, course tutors and Harriet Tyce.
Applications will be welcomed from those who:
- Have applied for The Novel Studio and met the criteria for selection
- Show exceptional talent and promise as emerging writers
- Are ordinarily resident in the UK
- Have submitted a statement describing their financial situation and need and why the scholarship is sought
- Have submitted a statement outlining their commitment to their development as a novel writer.
Employees of City, University of London are not eligible.
How to apply
Applicants to the Novel Studio scholarship should apply in the same way as all applicants to the course, emailing their 2,000 word fiction sample and CV to Course Director, Emily Pedder, using the subject heading "Novel Studio scholarship" in their email.
Deadlines and key dates for upcoming courses will be published here once confirmed. Please note that dates can be subject to change at short notice.
The Novel Studio course information
Course code: CS3110
Duration/frequency: 2 evenings a week for 30 weeks
Course times: 18:30 to 20:30
Please note that this is a selective-entry course and it requires attendance for all three terms.