If you are applying for a master's degree in Computer Science, Library Science or Information Science as a UK student, you may be eligible to apply for a £2,000 scholarship.
The School is committed to providing financial support to high-calibre UK students on Computer Science and Library and Information Science courses through the generous scholarship scheme.
Scholarships will be offered to well-qualified UK applicants wishing to take up a place on any of the below courses in September 2021. The scholarships, each valued at £2,000, are intended to assist students to pay the fees for their chosen course of study. They will be awarded on a competitive basis to the most promising applicants.
- Must hold a first-class degree or overseas equivalent OR be on course to achieve a first-class degree or overseas equivalent.
- Must submit a strong supporting statement as part of their application.
- Must have already made an application to their preferred course and provide a valid application number as part of their application.
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Computer Games Technology
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction Design
- MSc Information Science
- MSc/MA Library Science
- MSc Software Engineering
How to apply
Once you have applied to one of our Masters programmes, please complete the SMCSE UK Scholarship Application Form to be considered for this scholarship.
Deadlines to apply
We will consider applications at three points in the year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please submit your online application by one of these dates:
- Round One: 1st March 2021
- Round Two: 1st May 2021
- Round Three: 1st July 2021 (this is the absolute deadline for scholarship applications for 2021/22 entry).
Once the Scholarship panels have met, successful candidates will be notified by email by the Postgraduate Office (please be advised that this could be up to six weeks after the application deadline).
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)20 7040 0248 or email email@example.com if you would like to speak to us about the programme you have applied for.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to the school's postgraduate scholarships for UK applicants and are valid for the 2021/22 academic year:
- The Scholarship will take the form of fee-waiver applied against the last payable instalment in any academic year
- Scholarship is worth £2,000 for full-time students or £1,000 per annum for two years for part-time students
- The Scholarship may not be transferred to a different course in the institution to the one applied for with the exception of another course listed on the Scholarship page
- Students repeating a postgraduate course at City, University of London will not be eligible for a scholarship. (Students granted mitigating circumstances by the Institution will be considered on an individual basis)
- This scholarship scheme is not open to current or former City, University of London graduates applying for or in receipt of a City, University of London Graduates Loyalty Bursary.
Disclaimer: City, University of London reserves the right to change these terms and conditions (including the list of eligible courses and application criteria) without notice.