Scholarships worth £2,000 are offered to outstanding postgraduate international students, who are applying for a course in Computer Science or Library and Information Sciences.
The School is committed to providing financial support to high-calibre international students on Computer Science and Library and Information Science courses through the generous scholarship scheme.
Scholarships will be offered to international well-qualified applicants wishing to take up a place on any of the below courses in September 2021. The scholarships, each valued at £2,000, are intended to assist students to pay the fees for their chosen course of study. They will be awarded on a competitive basis to the most promising applicants.
- Must hold a first-class degree or overseas equivalent OR be on course to achieve a first-class degree or overseas equivalent.
- Must submit a strong supporting statement as part of their application.
- Must have already made an application to their preferred course and provide a valid application number as part of their application.
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Computer Games Technology
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction Design
- MSc Information Science
- MSc/MA Library Science
- MSc Software Engineering
How to apply
Once you have applied to one of our Masters programmes, please complete the SMCSE International Scholarship Application Form to be considered for this scholarship.
Deadlines to apply
We will consider applications at three points in the year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please submit your online application by one of these dates:
- Round One: 1st March 2021
- Round Two: 1st May 2021
- Round Three: 1st July 2021 (this is the absolute deadline for scholarship applications for 2021/22 entry).
Once the Scholarship panels have met, successful candidates will be notified by email by the Postgraduate Office (please be advised that this could be up to six weeks after the application deadline).
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)20 7040 0248 or email email@example.com if you would like to speak to us about the programme you have applied for.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to the school's postgraduate scholarships for international applicants and are valid for the 2021/22 academic year:
- The Scholarship will take the form of fee-waiver applied against the last payable instalment in any year
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Scholarship Panel. The Panel may require applicants to submit an assignment or an essay, for example, as part of the selection process
- Scholarships are only available to students paying the full fee on one of the participating courses
- The scholarship is intended to assist the student to meet the cost of the fee payable in respect of the course and will be deducted from the fees charged to the student or the student's sponsor
- The scholarship will not be recorded on the degree certificate from the Institute. However, references for students who have successfully completed the course may refer to the scholarship
- Applicants may only apply for a scholarship once, but if a deadline is missed it will automatically be considered for the next round
- Applicants who are eligible for a City, University of London 10% Graduate Loyalty Discount are eligible to apply for this Scholarship as well.
Disclaimer: City, University of London reserves the right to change these terms and conditions (including the list of eligible courses and application criteria) without notice.