Scholarships worth £2,000 are offered to outstanding postgraduate international students, who are applying for a course in Computer Science or Engineering.
Scholarships are available for outstanding international postgraduate students, starting on one of our Computer Science or Engineering Master's programmes. Applicants are considered automatically at the time of application.
The scholarship will be offered to well-qualified international applicants wishing to take up a place on any of the postgraduate programmes listed below starting in September 2023. The scholarships, each valued at £2,000, are intended to assist towards the tuition fees.
- You must hold or will achieve a UK institution or Overseas equivalent degree with a classification that is higher than the minimum entry requirement for the programme.
- Assessments will be made on your motivation for applying for the Master’s programme and your professional vision, as demonstrated in the personal statement and supporting documents submitted with the Master’s programme application.
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Biomedical Engineering with Data Analytics
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures
- MSc Computer Games Technology
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Energy & Environmental Technology & Economics
- MSc Financial Technology and Systems
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction Design
- MSc Maritime Operations & Management
- MSc Maritime Safety and Security Management
- MSc Project Management, Finance & Risk
- MSc Renewable Energy & Power Systems Management
- MSc Robotics, AI and Autonomous Systems
- MSc Software Engineering with Cloud Computing
- MSc Space Mission Analysis and Design
- MSc Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering
How will you be considered
You do not need to make a separate application. You will be automatically considered based on your Master’s programme application form with your personal statement, and your supporting documents.
When is the deadline for consideration
For September 2023 intake, the deadline for receipt of applications for consideration is 30 April 2023.
We will consider applications automatically until all the scholarship places are awarded. We reserve the right to close consideration without prior notice. You are strongly advised to make your Master’s programme application as soon as possible.
How will you be informed of the outcome
If you are successful with your scholarship application, you will be notified at the same time as the offer of an admission to the Master’s programme.
The scholarship award may be unconditional, or conditional upon your final degree.
If you do not receive the scholarship award while receiving a decision on your application to the Master’s programme, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are unable to provide any feedback in relation to the scholarship award due to the very high volume of applications that we receive for our Master’s programmes.
Who can you contact in relation to your Master’s programme application
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)20 7040 0248 or email SST-PGAdmissions@city.ac.uk if you would like to speak to us about the programme you have applied for.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to the School's postgraduate scholarships for International applicants :
- The scholarship will take the form of a fee-waiver applied against the last payable instalment in any year.
- The scholarship is worth £2,000 for full-time students or £1,000 per annum for two years for part-time students.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Programme Directors.
- Scholarships are only available to students paying the full fee on one of the participating courses.
- The scholarship is intended to assist the student to meet the cost of the course fee and will be deducted from the fees charged to the student or the student's sponsor.
- The scholarship will not be recorded on the degree certificate from the Institute. However, references for students who have successfully completed the course may refer to the scholarship.
- The scholarship may not be transferred to a different course in the institution from the one you have been awarded the scholarship for.
- Students repeating a postgraduate course at City, University of London will not be eligible for a scholarship. Students granted mitigating circumstances by the Institution will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants will only be considered once and cannot be re-considered if unsuccessful.
- This scholarship scheme is open to City, University of London students or graduates eligible for the Graduates Loyalty Bursary but cannot be used in addition to this bursary. Please note that for some students the Graduates Loyalty Bursary, that they are automatically eligible for, will be for an amount in excess of this competitive scholarship scheme.
- This scholarship scheme is not open to City, University of London students or graduates entitled to a City Star Scholarship.
- Recipients of the School's Global Leadership Master’s Scholarship are not eligible for this scholarship.
Disclaimer: City, University of London reserves the right to change these terms and conditions (including the list of eligible courses and application criteria) without notice.