These British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM are available to women from South Asia.
They are available to study a postgraduate degree in MSc Artificial Intelligence, MSc Energy, Environmental Technology and Economics or MSc Renewable Energy and Power Systems Management.
The scholarship will be awarded to up to 6 successful applicants covering full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the programme.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Have submitted an application to City to study on one of the following postgraduate programmes:
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the time you submit your application and be due to start your postgraduate programme in the UK during 2021
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university partner (or is expected to meet the requirement after a 3-month English Language pre-sessional course)
- Demonstrate case for financial support need
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has ended.
You are also required to show in your application form that:
- You are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for
- You are willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country
- You can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- You agree to your personal data being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary.
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM – eligible countries
- Are currently in receipt of financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK from any other source
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
How to apply
Please note – applications for this scholarship will only be reviewed once you have submitted an application for September 2021 entry to one of the three postgraduate programmes listed above in the eligibility criteria. Guidance on how to apply to our degree programmes.
To be considered for the scholarship, please complete the online application form by April 7th 2021.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel, and candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for a virtual interview. The details and dates for the interviews will be confirmed in due course.
Visit the British Council website for more information.