These British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM are available to women from the Western Balkans.
They are available to study a postgraduate degree in MSc Energy, Environmental Technology and Economics, MSc Renewable Energy and Power Systems Management, MSc Civil Engineering Structures, MSc Construction Management, MSc Project Management, Finance and Risk and MSc Maritime Operations and Management.
The scholarship will be awarded to 5 successful applicants covering full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the programme.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia or Montenegro.
- Have submitted an application and received an offer from City to study on one of the following postgraduate programmes:
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the start of your postgraduate programme in 2023-24 academic year
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university partner
- Demonstrate case for financial support
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has ended.
You are also required to show in your application form that:
- You are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for
- You are willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country
- You can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- You agree to your personal data being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary.
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM – eligible countries
- Are currently in receipt of financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK from any other source.
How to apply
In order to apply for this scholarship you are first required to submit an application for the specific Master programme.
Applications for this scholarship will close 8pm (BST) on 17 April 2023.
You can also sign up for a introductory webinar from the British Council to discover more about what's on offer.