These British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM are available to women from South Asia.
They are available to study a postgraduate degree in MSc Artificial Intelligence, MSc Energy, Environmental Technology and Economics or MSc Renewable Energy and Power Systems Management.
The scholarship will be awarded to up to 6 successful applicants covering full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the programme.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Have submitted an application to City to study on one of the following postgraduate programmes:
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the time you submit your application and be due to start your postgraduate programme in the UK during 2021
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university partner (or is expected to meet the requirement after a 3-month English Language pre-sessional course)
- Demonstrate case for financial support need
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has ended.
You are also required to show in your application form that:
- You are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for
- You are willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country
- You can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- You agree to your personal data being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary.
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM – eligible countries
- Are currently in receipt of financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK from any other source
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship has now closed.