This scholarship, offered by the UK-based online company formation agent 1st Formations, is aimed at supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs with some of the costs of studying.
The 1st Formations Business Scholarship is available to undergraduate and postgraduate students to help with some of the additional costs of studying. The scholarship awards up to ten successful applicants with a bursary of £600 each.
How to apply
You will need to have started your course at City in order to apply for this scholarship. Applications will be open during your first year of study and you will require some documentation from your course in order to apply.
When you apply for the scholarship, you will need to provide the following information:
- A letter of recommendation from a tutor or course co-ordinator at City
- A statement of recent grades/exam results from your course at City, once you are studying with us
- A statement of no more than 500 words, explaining why you feel you are a good candidate for the Scholarship.
You can read full details of the application process on the 1st Formations website.
Criteria for consideration
Applications for the Scholarship will be assessed on a number of different criteria:
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for studying and pursuing a career in business, as outlined in your 500 word statement
- The quality of the academic recommendation and grades provided
- Your circumstances and need for further financial support as outlined in your statement.
The closing date for applications for the 2021/22 academic year has yet to be confirmed. In previous years, the deadline has been on the 31st May at the end of the academic year in question. Successful candidates are then announced and the scholarship awarded shortly thereafter.
Confirmation of dates for 2021/22 will be published on the 1st Formations website and updated here when available.