Improve your simple knowledge over 10-weekly evening classes with part 2 of our Spanish Beginners course.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £245 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Northampton Square (unconfirmed)
Spanish Beginners Part 2 Course overview
Part 2 will deepen your understanding of basic Spanish and build your confidence to speak in everyday conversations.
In this module, you’ll learn to discuss times, dates and the weather. You’ll participate in group activities to practise vocabulary, helpful for finding your way around the city or go shopping.
Your tutor will guide you through new grammar structures, including demonstrative adjectives and pronouns. You’ll become familiar with the verbs gustar and encantar and understand how to use them in context.
Once you have finished the course, you can enrol onto part 3 to complete your full beginners knowledge of Spanish.
Who is it for?
You’ll need to know a little Spanish and it is ideal if you have taken part 1 of the Spanish beginners course or you have studied Spanish formally for around 20 hours.
Find out more about our Spanish courses
This course takes place one evening a week 18:30 for 10 weeks.
- Skip the basics if you already know some simple Spanish
- Taught in small groups with plenty of support
- Taught by qualified tutors who follow the Common European Framework for languages.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- shop confidently
- talk about the city, the house, parts of the house and furniture
- discuss the time, days of the week, the months, the weather.
- demonstrative adjectives and pronoun
- ser vs estar, prepositions of place
- verbs gustar and encantar.
Assessment and certificates
You will be awarded an official City, University of London certificate on completion of the course if you attend over 70 per cent of the classes. The course is not formally accredited.
With class discussion, pair work, group work and role-play, learning is fun and interactive. Other activities include lessons on pronunciation and intonation and grammar in context.
You will be given weekly homework to practise what you have learned in class.
This course is ideal if you have studied Spanish for about 20 hours and you know the very basics.
This course is the right level for you if you can:
- introduce yourself and talk about your family, profession, hobbies and weekly routine
- understand personal pronouns, gender and numbers
- use definite and indefinite articles.
- Check out our full range of Spanish courses.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.