Complete the last stage of the Korean Beyond Beginner’s level with this part 3 course.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £245 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Korean Beyond Beginners Part 3 Course overview
Take one step closer to achieving your A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) with the final instalment of the Korean Beyond Beginners course. If your aim is to pass the A1 external examination, the teaching and guidance of this course can help you in reaching your goal.
After the ten weeks, your understanding and knowledge of Korean grammar and vocabulary will improve as you are able to practice within a close-knit group.
The new skills acquired from the course will allow you to have wider discussions and organise or plan gatherings and holidays in Korean.
Who is it for?
The course is best suited to students who have previously completed the Korean Beyond Beginners (Part 2) course at City or equivalent.
Find out more about our Korean courses
- Part 3 runs in the April/May term for ten consecutive weeks.
- Classes are delivered online for two hours per week.
- Taught by a native Korean speaker
- Helping to reach A1 CEFR
- Awarded free certificate on completion from esteemed London university.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- make recommendations
- discuss travel and holiday plans
- express wanting to do something
- understand a travel brochure
- offer help to others
- read and reply to an invitation
- plan a gathering.
- To (a person) 한테/께
- Try do –아/어 보세요
- If/when (으)면
- Noun modifier for verb 는
- Want to –고 싶다 & -고 싶어하다
- Can/cannot (으)ㄹ 수 있다/없다
- I will -(으)ㄹ게요
- Go/come in order to -(으)러 가다/오다
- While -(으)면서
Assessment and certificates
You will be awarded an official City, University of London certificate on completion of the course if you attend over 70 per cent of The classes. The course is not formally accredited.
There isn’t an exam at the end of the course but, depending on your ability you can apply to take the A1 CEFR exam through an external provider.
If you have studied other parts with City you will be familiar with the course delivery and structure.
All classes are taught in small groups to provide ample opportunity for each student to participate and practice with their fellow learners.
Lesson materials and content are aimed to cover the four principal areas which include reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
It is the right level if you have either:
- completed our Korean Beyond Beginners (Part 2) course or equivalent
- studied formally for 100 hours or more.
You should already be able to:
- write and reply to a text message
- ask information by phone
- request items or services
- describe someone’s appearance
- talk about clothing styles
- talk about gifts.
If you are unsure you meet these requirements, please get in touch and our tutor will be able to identify the most suitable course for your level.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.