Master the breakthrough level of Korean over ten weeks to boost your knowledge of the language.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £245 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Korean Beyond Beginners Part 1 Course overview
Do you have a basic understanding of Korean and want to improve your skills for business and/or pleasure?
Study Korean online at City with this new beyond beginner's course for those interested in continuing to learn more about the culture and language of Korea. Expand your vocabulary and grammar to increase your skills to communicate clearly with native Korean speakers.
This interactive course helps put your learnings into practice providing you with the best foundations for those wanting to gain an A1 examination of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Taught over ten weeks, the course will provide a refresher for those with existing knowledge and build in key areas including reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Who is it for?
The beyond beginners' part 1 course is perfect for students who have basic knowledge of Korean and/or have studied formally for at least 60 hours.
Find out more about our Korean courses
This course is delivered online with two-hour classes each week for ten weeks via a digital platform.
- Learn from a native Korean tutor
- Small groups, taught online with access to digital learning materials
- Working towards an A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- introduce your friends and family members
- make plans for the weekend
- arrange a meeting or rendezvous
- ask and respond to questions about a schedule
- express symptoms and prohibitions
- talk about illness.
- Honorific form (으)시
- Possessive 의
- Be good at /not good at with 잘하다/ 못하다
- From – to 부터- 까지
- Does/is and then -아서/어서
- Future tense -을 거예요
- ㅡ irregular verb
- Negative command ‘Don’t’ –지 마세요
Assessment and certificates
You will be awarded an official City, University of London certificate on completion of the course if you attend over 70 per cent of the classes. The course is not formally accredited.
Currently, classes are taught online but continue to meet expectations of our students providing a combination of practical and theoretical learning.
You will be taught through a variety of mediums including videos, quizzes, audio clips and more.
Your tutor will offer support where needed to help you get the best from the course and progress to the next stage.
It is the right level if you have either:
- completed our Korean Beginner's course or equivalent
- studied formally for 60 hours or more.
As a foundation, you should already be able to:
- greet people
- know the times and dates
- name a selection of items
- talk about travel experiences
- talk about the weather.
If you are unsure you meet these requirements, please get in touch and our tutor will be able to identify the most suitable course for your level.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.