Our combined course will suit you if you’re already familiar with the very basics, such as the alphabet, but want to dig deeper and create conversation with ease.
You’ll join us for jam-packed sessions twice a week. We’ll teach you simple requests like buying a ticket or arranging a meeting. Our native speaking tutors will also explain how grammatical structures work.
In just 10 weeks, you’ll be communicating at beginners level CEFR A1 (the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). If you want to take the next step, enrol on Italian Lower intermediate (Year 2) syllabus starting in September.
Who is it for?
We’ve divided our Italian Beginners syllabus into three parts. This course will suit you if you’ve already joined us for part 1 or have already dedicated 20 hours to learning Italian. For more information, see our eligibility section.
Find out more about our Learn Italian with City short courses courses
Join us in April/May to complete two modules (part 2 and 3) in just one term. You’ll take part in two two-hour sessions a week, over 10 weeks. In total, you’ll complete 40 hours of learning.
- Learn at a fast pace, covering content from two modules in just 10 weeks
- Dynamic classes and support from a qualified Italian tutor
- Add an official City, University of London certificate to your CV
- Take part in interactive tasks in a small friendly group.
- Save money when you enrol on beginners modules together instead of separately.