Our online Introduction to Copywriting course is aimed at small business owners, marketing professionals, freelance writers and individuals interested in learning beginners’ commercial copywriting skills for digital and print formats.
This interactive Introduction to Copywriting course, held over two weekend mornings, will explore how to craft compelling copy for some of the most popular marketing mediums: websites, emails and packaging.
It is ideal for anyone keen to learn the proven basics of good commercial copywriting in less than a day – and have fun along the way.
You will be introduced to:
- Devotion to detail: the future-proof foundations of good copywriting
- 3 proven steps to dazzling digital copy
- Engaging your reader, including tone of voice insights
- The power of ‘pruning’ – editing for excellence
- Fun and practical in-class writing exercises in groups and solo
- Live and detailed tutor feedback
- 16 copywriting quick wins
- The attributes and attitude of a successful copywriter
- Recommended resources to keep your copy sharp
- How and where to find freelance copywriting jobs.
Led by an expert copywriter and former national press journalist, this experiential course will also take into consideration the individual interests of each group.
As an added bonus, students who present a successful idea for the City Short Courses blog will have the opportunity to have their article professionally edited and published on the site. Details will be given on the course.
Who is it for?
Our two-day interactive Introduction to Copywriting course is aimed at small business owners, marketing professionals, journalists, freelance writers and individuals interested in improving their commercial copywriting skills and/or written communication across print and digital formats.
Find out more about our Non-fiction writing courses
The course will take place over two mornings.
- Taught by an industry professional
- Accessible, online classes
- Awarded a City, University of London certificate on completion