This practical, hands-on course covers:
- User interface
- Setting up and file management
- Drawing lines
- Circles and other objects
- Drawing aids
- Text and dimensioning
- Drawing exercises and plotting.
Version used: AutoCAD 2017
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Operate the user interface
- Complete exercises using AutoCAD tools
- Produce and edit 2D scale drawings using layers and other tools
- Plot out drawings to scale and other requirements.
Who is it for?
This course has been designed for those who want to learn how to create drawings in AutoCAD. Students taking this course come from a wide variety of industries including, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, construction, electronics and product design.
Find out more about our Computer science and computing at City, University of London courses
This computing short course takes place on a weekday evening over ten weeks.
AutoCAD is the most widely used computer-aided design software for producing architectural, engineering and construction drawings. Learn the skills essential across a wide range of industries.