Know how to make simple sentences in present tense? Good at identifying some masculine and feminine objects? If you can confidently answer yes, skip the basics and join us for this combined course.
We’ll help you with all aspects of conversation, from making reservations to writing emails. You’ll also learn about regular verbs ending in -ir and -re in the present tense and start exploring the past tense.
To continue your learning, join us in September for French Beyond Beginners (Year 2) and start working towards CEFR A1/2 level of the Common European Framework for Languages.
Who is it for?
Like all our beginner language courses, French is divided into three parts. This course will suit you if you joined us for part 1. However, it’s also a good fit for anyone who has studied French for around 20 hours. For more information, see our eligibility section.
Find out more about our Learn French with City short courses courses
Starting in April/May, you’ll work through two modules (part 2 and 3) over one term. You’ll take part in two two-hour sessions a week, over 10 weeks. That’s 40 hours of fast-tracked learning in total.
- Intensive route so you can learn French faster
- Make your CV stand out with an official City, University of London certificate
- Follows the European framework for language learning
- Pay less when you enrol on beginners modules together
- Learn from qualified and highly skilled City tutors.