The benefits of having an online presence are immeasurable. This short course gives you the ability to develop one yourself and keep it updated without requiring external help.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £430 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 Course overview
During the Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 short course you will develop a fully functional website that adheres to current industry standards and best practices.
All the fundamental areas of web development are covered and by the end of the course, you will be able to plan, design, develop and publish a website that adheres to current industry standards and best practices.
Who is it for?
Ever wanted to develop your own web page? Aimed at beginners with no previous experience in the field, this HTML5 and CSS3 course introduces and develops the fundamental skills required to plan, design, develop, validate and maintain websites using HTML5 and CSS versions 2 and 3. Led by an industry professional, the Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 short course is aimed at anyone who wants t
Find out more about our Computer science and computing courses
What will I learn?
- Context: the web environment; W3C/Industry standards; web authoring tools; usability and accessibility.
- Planning and design: the design process; information architecture; design patterns; validating your HTML and CSS.
- HTML: HTML5 fundamentals including semantic markup, page structure, links, images, tables and forms.
- CSS: essential CSS2 and CSS3 skills including text formatting, page layouts, floats and the box model.
- Publishing and maintenance: Publishing a website with FTP; overview of domain names and web hosting; SEO considerations; site management techniques.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Plan, design, develop and publish a website that adheres to current industry standards and best practices.
Experienced with Microsoft Windows and the use of a web browser.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.
The tutor will suggest material during the class.