No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £430 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Advanced Web Development Using Bootstrap Course overview
This short course covers installation of Bootstrap, the key components of Bootstrap and how to use them effectively.
In addition, the course covers website design good practice, designing sites with usability and accessibility in mind, and creating websites with a ‘mobile first’ approach.
During the course you will build a small website that includes these features, and you will learn how to test sites using industry standard tools to ensure that best practices are conformed to.
Who is it for?
If you are already familiar with HTML, this course will enable you to build a website using an industry standard framework, with a professional look on all devices.
Find out more about our Computer science and computing courses
This computing short course takes place online, once a week for 10 consecutive weeks.
- Delivered by an industry professional and experienced educator
- Taught in small groups
- Awarded a City, University of London certificate
- Online sessions.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Install Bootstrap on your own web server or use it via a content delivery network.
- Design easy to use, responsive web sites with a mobile-first approach
- Understand what content is essential to your site, and what is not
- Use key components of Bootstrap including drop down navigation, carousels, cards, modals and forms
- Use semantic mark-up and use colours and media to build a site with accessibility and usability in mind
- Validate your website to meet the world wide web consortium industry standards.
Assessment and certificates
You will be awarded an official City, University of London certificate if you attend over 70 per cent of the classes.
- The course is not formally accredited.
- The course will be taught online.
- Class time consists of a theory, live coding, code exercises and class discussions.
- Additional work outside the sessions is provided, with individual feedback provided, but completion of this is optional, not a requirement.
- This course has no assessment or exam component.
Some knowledge of HTML and CSS is recommended.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.
The tutor will suggest material during the class