This advanced course will support your transition to a senior midwifery position by offering development in core areas of clinical practice, human rights legislation applied to maternity care, communication skills, strategic thinking and planning, human factors and improvement science.
Facilitated by world-leading researchers and practitioners, the course gives students the opportunity to learn new evidence and innovative techniques for transforming maternity services.
By the end of the course you will be expected to develop an improvement project linked to your area of practice focusing on the concept of Optimal Birth.
The course is highly interactive and ground-breaking. The feedback by students since 2016 has been outstanding.
Who is it for?
- Clinical midwives who aim to enhance their knowledge and skills in physiological birth
- Service managers for midwifery services
- Continuity of carer team members and team-leaders
- Homebirth midwives
- Strategic Senior Managers for midwife-led settings
- Consultant Midwives and aspiring Consultant Midwives
- Labour Ward Coordinators.
May:Thursday 27 May 2021
July: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 22, 29, 30 July 2021
This course runs for nine days over a period between May and July 2021. Sessions will be two hours between 9am and 15.30pm.
The key takeaway from this course is the development of your clinical, strategic thinking and service-improvement ability, enabling you to provide higher-quality maternity care.
This course is worth 15 credits toward eligible programmes.