This online course is full of practical ideas with a focus on improving quality in care settings. The course is evidence based with a focus on positive practice including the use of technology. Informal sessions take place online in small confidential groups with a realistic time commitment; five 2-hour sessions (1 per month).The course is led by an experienced My Home Life England facilitator.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 5 days (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £595 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
- Course code: MHL005
- Course overview
- What will I learn?
- Assessment and certificates
- How to apply
- Recommended reading
My Home Life England Bitesize Programme (Online) Course overview
Working with a small confidential group, 4 sessions is focused around an evidence framework for supporting quality in care settings and the 5th session focuses on how technology can support positive practice. You will bring your own experience and ideas to the session, working with people who do the same job as you. A chance to build a new networks in a confidential setting.
Led by the same facilitator you will explore ideas, hints and practical tips to try out, the content also connects back to local and national regulation and supporting change.
You will receive a short resource pack as part of the course.
Who is it for?
For busy care leaders based anywhere in England. Supports CPD
At the moment there are two cohorts to choose from. The duration of each cohort is five months with one session per month:
Details of module dates, should also explain the teaching hours
Tuesday 7th March 23, 10-12.30 AM
Tuesday 4th April 23, 10-12 AM
Tuesday 2nd May 23, 10-12 AM
Wednesday 7th June 23, 10-12 AM
Tuesday 4th July 23, 10-12 AM
Thursday 20th April 23, 2-4.30 PM
Thursday 11th May 23, 2-4 PM
Thursday 15th June 23, 2-4 PM
Thursday 13th July 23, 2-4 PM
Thursday 17th August 23, 2-4 PM
The outcomes we aim for by the end of the course are
- Improved confidence and resilience, both personally and professionally
- Improved confidence in yourself as a leader
- Consideration of evidence based frameworks to support quality development in social care.
- Improved practice including consideration of equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights
- A focus on developing confidence in digital technology and how it can support the work you do.
- Reflection and connection back to regulation requirements, local systems and relationships.
There will be an evaluation at the end of the course.
What will I learn?
The course will cover:
- Focusing on relationships (Month 1)
- Being appreciative (Month 2)
- Technology as your friend. (Month 3)
- Developing best practice together (Month 4)
- Caring conversations. (Month 5)
Note Month 1 the session will be 2.5 hours so that you can get to know each other and the facilitator before you start the session on Developing best practice together.
Assessment and certificates
There is no assessment.
How to apply
Click on the book now button to book your place on the course.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.
Visit the My Home Life website www.myhomelife.org.uk