Teaching content in the classroom will cover the following areas, organised into themes for each study day/seminar session:
- ventilation management in HD and NICU
- surgical care of the neonate (congenital malformations and acute obstruction)
- clinical issues 3: brain injury
- clinical issues: cardiovascular care and haematological problems
- neonatal pharmacology and intravenous therapy
- the neonate and family's journey through the Neonatal unit, care of the family unit within neonatal practice
- ethical and legal issues, and dilemmas in practice.
Who is it for?
For those looking to learn complexities of neonatal practice within the intensive care setting. With a focus on the care of sicker and more complex neonates and emphasis on the wider context of neonatal practice.
Oct: Tuesday 5 and 19 October 2021
Nov: Tuesday 9, 16 and 30 November 2021
Dec: Tuesday 7 December 2021
Viva Tutorial Dates: Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 December 2021
(usually 2 hour sessions on each day)
Viva Assessment Week:
W/C - 24-27 January 2022
Portfolio Submission: Thursday 27 January 2022
The key takeaway from this course is a deeper knowledge of clinical and ethical issues in neonatal practice.