Teaching content in the classroom will cover the following areas, organised into themes for each study day/seminar session:
- ventilation management in HD and NICU
- surgical care of the neonate (congenital malformations and acute obstruction)
- clinical issues 3: brain injury
- clinical issues: cardiovascular care and haematological problems
- neonatal pharmacology and intravenous therapy
- the neonate and family's journey through the Neonatal unit, care of the family unit within neonatal practice
- ethical and legal issues, and dilemmas in practice.
Who is it for?
For those looking to learn complexities of neonatal practice within the intensive care setting. With a focus on the care of sicker and more complex neonates and emphasis on the wider context of neonatal practice.
A total of 6 study days:
Oct: Tuesday 4, 11 and 25 October 2022
Nov: Tuesday 8, 15 and 29 November 2022
Viva Tutorial Dates:
6 and 7 December 2022
Viva Assessment Week:
Between 23 and 26 January 2023
The key takeaway from this course is a deeper knowledge of clinical and ethical issues in neonatal practice.
This short course module is designed to be flexible in allowing you to study and reach your goals at your own pace. Our health CPD courses are credit-bearing modules that contribute to a University degree or award.
Transfer course credits towards postgraduate taught degree
As a health care professional, once you've completed this course you could offset 15 credits as part of a postgraduate programme, continuing your study with further modules to make up a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) 60 credits, Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) 120 credits or Master of Science (MSc) 180 credits qualification (all credits must be awarded within five years of study commencing).
This course is worth 15 credits
This course can be used a module, contributing to a University degree or award.
Find a list of degrees this module can contribute towards:
PGCert Professional Practice