The focus of this course is on service improvement, and you will have the opportunity to apply its content to planning your own service-improvement initiative.
Key content includes:
- the role of individuals and teams in health and social care leadership
- innovation and critical creativity in practice development
- leadership theories and their application in the practice setting
- proactive and reactive approaches to risk management
- quality governance in the NHS
- effective and efficient deployment of human, capital and consumable resources
- leading people and teams through organisational change
- the use of digital technology in marketing and innovation dissemination.
Who is it for?
The course is for qualified health and social care practitioners who want to further develop their leadership and management competencies.
Jan: Thursday 12, 19 and 26 January 2023
Feb: Thursday 2, 9 and 23 February 2023
Mar: Thursday 2, 9, 16 and 23 March 2023
This is a 15-credit course and can be taken as either a standalone course or as an elective course.
This short course module is designed to be flexible in allowing you to study and reach your goals at your own pace. Our health CPD courses are credit-bearing modules that contribute to a University degree or award.
Transfer course credits towards degree
As a health care professional, once you've completed this course you could offset 15 credits as part of a postgraduate programme, continuing your study with further modules to make up a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) 60 credits, Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) 120 credits or Master of Science (MSc) 180 credits qualification (all credits must be awarded within five years of study commencing).
This course is worth 15 credits toward eligible programmes.