Introducing the key elements of business aviation. This course aims to give you an understanding of the unique operating environment of business aircraft and is essential for those who are involved in this niche sector of aviation.
No starting dates
Business Aviation Course overview
On this three day course, you'll gain an understanding of the context, activities and challenges of on-demand air transport in general and business aviation in particular.
- Different business models related to on-demand operations
- The business aircraft market and the diversity of aircraft types and models
- The airport ecosystem from a business aviation point of view.
- Flight support and operations as key functions for the preparation and smooth running of on-demand flights.
- The regulatory framework for on-demand operations.
Upon completion, you will be able to define on-demand air transportation including sub-sectors such as business jets, helicopters and others.
Who is it for?
Those who want to gain insight into the special area of on-demand aviation and its unique characteristics
- 12 - 14 June 2023
- 9am - 4pm (with one hour lunch).
You'll be able to join either online or in person on campus in London.
This CPD course will enable you to:
- Define the different existing business models
- Understand the type and configuration of aircraft used for business aviation
- Determine all stages of a business flight from departure to arrival including interaction with airports, ground handling and other stakeholders
- Understand the risks of on-demand operations and their mitigation.
What will I learn?
You will learn to define on-demand air transportation including sub-sectors such as business jets, helicopters and others.
We'll also critically discuss current problems, new insights, current research or advanced scholarship in the area being studied.
Finally, you'll synthesise principles to problems in a broad and detailed manner and to reach justified conclusions or judgements for different scenarios.
Assessment and certificates
There is no assessment or coursework with this CPD. Students will be asked to submit a reflective journal about the topics covered and will receive a certificate of participation.
There is no prior knowledge to this CPD, other than a general awareness of the aviation industry practices – there is a pre-reading resource list that will help you prepare for the course.
For those students whose first language is not English the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0
- Business and Corporate Aviation Management, Sheehan, John J. ISBN: 9780071412278