This is an introduction (or update) to the assessment and management of minor injuries and ailments for School Nurses. Although it may be more suitable for nurses working in the independent education sector, anyone working as a school nurse is welcome to attend.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 1 day (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £200 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Northampton Square (unconfirmed)
- Course code: CS6047
Introduction to Minor Injury and Ailment Management for School Nurses Course overview
This one-day course will ensure that you are up to date in understanding the assessment and management of children with minor injuries and ailments in a school setting, including musculoskeletal injuries, eye and ENT problems and wounds. It will enhance the care you are able to deliver by ensuring that your skills and knowledge are maintained, developed and up to date.
The course also enables further clinical skills progression and allows you to move on to other programmes of education if desired.
Who is it for?
This course is for registered practitioners working as school nurses.
This course runs over one full day.
This course is worth 8 CPD hours. As well as the opportunity for learning, you will be able to network with other school nurses in attendance.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will have gained an understanding of:
- the role of the school nurse
- the SOAP assessment framework
- common ophthalmological conditions
- common ENT conditions
- minor head injuries, concussion and facial injuries
- musculoskeletal injuries o principles of assessment o fractures and soft tissue injuries o common upper and lower limb injuries
- pain assessment and management
- the assessment and management of acute wounds and burns
- steristrip and tissue adhesive workshop
- useful resources.
Assessment and certificates
This one-day course consists of lectures, with group discussion and a practical workshop.
There is no formal assessment for the delegates on this day, but the day will be evaluated, and your comments will be received with thanks.
This course is worth 8 hours of CPD and you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Applicants must be working as school nurses
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.
Paediatric anatomy and physiology pre-reading would be helpful