This course provides participants with the opportunity to review the following topics:
- Obtaining a readable ECG recording
- Listing causes of artifact in an ECG
- Listing the 10-stage systematic approach to 12-lead ECG interpretation - Demonstrating an understanding of the role of the 12-lead ECG in a patient with chest pain
- Identifying abnormalities associated with an acute coronary syndrome
- Identifying ECG changes associated with hyperkalaemia
Who is it for?
This one-day 12-lead ECG interpretation course is aimed at registered practitioners who have some basic understanding of rhythm recognition. The applicant will build on this knowledge to develop and understanding of how arrythmias can present of a 12-lead ECG.
This course runs over one full day.
Participants will work in groups using case scenarios, and will review a number of 12-lead ECGs with varying arrythmias.
This course is worth 7.5 CPD hours