The Contraception for HCA's will cover the following
- The menstrual cycle (to give an insight into how the pill works)
- History-taking in relation to contraception/ sexual health
- Pregnancy testing · Consent and Fraser guidelines
- Observations required related to named contraception
- Enabling self-swabbing in relation to asymptomatic women.
This course will give the HCA an overall understanding of the contraceptive pill and contraceptive injection (such as Depo-Provera), as well as relevant considerations for women.
Who is it for?
This course is for Health Care Assistants who have an interest in contraception and sexual health care and want to assist trained staff who give this care.
This course runs over one full day.
This one-day course is unique as it is tailored for staff who are not medically trained and who have no previous knowledge or who want to increase their knowledge in contraception and sexual health.
This course is worth 7 hours of CPD.