If your results are better than you expected, you may be in a position to consider studying at City by applying through Adjustment.
The Adjustment process starts on A-level results day and runs until late August. We will consider students interested in Adjustment across City, should you meet the advertised entry requirements.
If you register for Adjustment, your Adjustment period starts whenever your conditional firm (CF) choice changes to unconditional firm (UF) and lasts for five consecutive days. As you have a limited time to change your university choice through Adjustment, it's important to ensure you're prepared.
Eligibility for Adjustment
It's important you check that you are eligible for Adjustment, as this is what gives you the safety net of keeping your original UF choice. Sometimes UCAS may show you adjustment options even if you're not actually eligible for adjustment.
You're eligible to use Adjustment if you meet both of the following criteria:
- You have paid the full application fee at UCAS
- Your results have exceeded the conditions of your conditional firm (CF) choice.
However, you are not eligible to use Adjustment if any of the following three criteria apply:
- You are confirmed (UF) at your firm choice but did not exceed the conditions of your offer
- You have a confirmed place on a changed course offer
- Your original offer was unconditional.
If you submit yourself on UCAS Track but aren't eligible, you would then need to use the Release into Clearing process to add the new offer as a Clearing offer. In this situation you would not be able to keep your previous UF choice.
How to register for Adjustment
Once you have confirmed you are eligible to use Adjustment, you should take the following steps:
- Register in your UCAS Track account by clicking on 'Register for Adjustment' on your 'choices' screen
- Apply online through Clearing on our website to see if you are eligible for an offer from us
- If you receive an offer and are happy to accept this, please contact us to confirm, making sure to mention you are applying through Adjustment
- The admissions team will check you are eligible for an offer through Adjustment and if you are we will accept you on to the course through UCAS. Any offer you receive from us will be subject to these checks
- If you are accepted through Adjustment, your Track screen will be updated with the new choice
- If you are not accepted through Adjustment, your original Unconditional Firm offer will still stand.
If you register for Adjustment accidentally, don’t worry - as long as you don’t contact any universities about Adjustment offers, your original offer will still stand.
If you want to know more about what the process is like, you can read about Shivani's experience of coming to City through Adjustment from The City Scoop on Medium. You can also find guidance from UCAS on adjustment on their website.
Clearing and Adjustment at City
Clearing and Adjustment
Information for students applying to City through Clearing and Adjustment.
Guidance on Coronavirus
Latest information on City's response to the pandemic and preparations for the new academic year.
Accommodation for Clearing applicants
Details on accommodation options for students applying to City through the Clearing process.