The accommodation at Romano Court is offered to first year City, University of London undergraduate students in conjunction with Unite Students, a third party housing provider.
The main features of Romano Court are as follows:
- 291 furnished single rooms arranged in self-contained cluster flats
- Rooms are 12-14 m2 with a mixture of single and small double beds (allocated randomly)
- The flats are in self-contained groups of three to five single study bedrooms, with shared lounge, kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Bedroom furniture includes bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, chair and bedside cabinet
- Kitchens are 15-18 m2 and include dining table and chairs, electric ovens and 4-ring hob/extractor fan, fridge freezer and microwave, shared between two to five people
- Bathrooms have shower, toilet, basin and mirror, roughly 4 m2
- Accommodation for students with mobility support needs is available
- Approximately 10 minutes' walk from City's main buildings.
In addition, this hall has the following facilities:
- On-site management and staffed reception during business hours
- 24-hour CCTV in operation and security guard on duty out of hours
- Free 50 mb/s Wifi
- Coin-operated laundry facilities.
- Bicycle Storage.
The following are included in the cost of the rent:
- Utility bills (water, electricity, heating)
- Internet access provided by Ask4
- Contents insurance with Endsleigh Insurance.
Not included in the cost of the rent are:
- Telephone bill
- TV licence (please see the TV Licensing website for information on if you need a license and how to obtain one)
- Bedding (sheets, pillow, duvet etc.)
- Cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery in kitchens
- All halls of residence are self-catered, therefore you are responsible for buying and preparing your own food.
The following are the costs for 2021/22.
- Start of contract: 25th September 2021
- End of contract: 25th June 2022 (39 weeks)
- Price per week: £160
- Total price: £6,240
- Advance rent required: £250
- No rooms available at the moment
Romano Court London is on 16 Briset Street, London, EC1M 5HD.
The hall is located in the historical Smithfield district, which still maintains a centuries-old covered market with a gorgeous Victorian facade.
The neighbourhoods of Clerkenwell and Barbican, both centres of art and musical activities renowned throughout the City of London, also border Liberty Court, ensuring students enjoy an enriching City life.
You won't need to travel far for food, drink or other necessities. As a central accommodation provider in London, Romano Court lies close to grocery stores, post offices, stationery shops and more.
Terms and conditions and further information
Students who are offered accommodation at Romano Court will sign an agreement with Unite Students and not with City, University of London and will therefore be bound by Unite Students's terms and conditions.