This hall of residence is offered to first year City, University of London undergraduate students in conjunction with Unite Student, a third party housing provider.
Arbour House offers:
- 110 self-contained en-suite bedrooms, each with their own bathroom and separate kitchen which is shared between 10 residents
- Bicycle storage for all students
- Accommodation for students with mobility support needs
- A two-minute walk from City, University of London
- Both single and double bed options (preferences can be made at application but are not guaranteed).
In addition, Arbour House has the following features:
- On-site management and staffed reception during business hours
- 24-hour CCTV in operation and security guard on duty out of hours
- Self service laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi included in the rent
- Access by lift up to all five floors (including the basement area).
We are currently witnessing a rise in residential developments and associated building works in the local area. We anticipate that there will be some noise pollution over the coming year and recommend any prospective residents take note of this.
The following are the costs for 2022/23.
- Start of contract: 24 September 2022
- End of contract: 1 July 2023
- Rent: £232 per week
The following are the costs for 2023/24.
- Start of contract: 23 September 2023
- End of contract: 29 June 2024
- Rent: £250 per week
Arbour House is on 1 Sebastian Street, London, EC1V 0HF.
The hall is situated in the area of Islington and Clerkenwell - an ideal location for students studying both at the main City campus (Northampton Square) and at the Business School.
Living in Arbour House means you're within easy walking distance of all City's teaching facilities and close to many trendy restaurants, cafes and bars. You're also close to the Barbican Centre, one of London's liveliest cultural venues. The Barbican offers galleries, a theatre, cinema screens and concert halls.
Whilst you're able to enjoy the culture and atmosphere of Islington, you're also only fifteen minutes away by tube from the West End and Covent Garden. The area is well served by bus routes, with a major bus interchange located near Angel tube station.
Terms and conditions and further information
Students who are offered accommodation at Arbour House will sign an agreement with Unite Students and not with City, University of London.
Please ensure you fully read the Unite Students terms and conditions and cancellation policy prior to booking a room at Arbour House - City University of London will not be able to authorise any cancellations after a booking has been made.