Living and studying in London
Make the most of all that London has to offer whilst studying at City.
However you like to spend your free time, student life at City, University of London offers a huge range of opportunities.
- Dicover the local area. City is located in Islington, an area of central London that is known for its great cafés, bars and restaurants, theatres and arts venues.
- Live in central London. We are just a few Underground stops away from London's West End, the British Library and many free museums.
- Explore. London is the gateway to the rest of the UK and to Europe! International Students House runs a travel club that offers a range of subsidised trips in London and further afield. We are also members of HOST, which gives international and EU students the chance to spend a weekend with a British family outside London.
- Go shopping. Islington is known for its creative, artisan shops. Head further afield and explore London's markets and the shopping areas of Oxford Street and Covent Garden.
- Go out. We are in the heart of the capital, so you won't have to go far to find new club nights, the latest films, and highly-rated dance, theatre, cabaret and comedy shows.
London is your campus
From shops, cafes and restaurants to museums, galleries and art venues; from sports clubs to night clubs; from cityscapes to public gardens, London is a city for everyone. Celebrated as a truly global destination, with a diverse mix, iconic landmarks and a unique energy, it is an exuberant and exciting place to live.
City is located in the heart of London, close to the capital's leading financial, legal, media and medical institutions. London is ranked in fifth position in the QS Top Universities Best Student Cities in the World 2016 and is placed as the number one city in the world for rankings. London's "world-class facilities" and its position as "a hub of academia" were commended. QS describes London as "one of the world's most important financial centres", as well as "being among the world's leading places to find work in media and the arts [and] a host of other industries".
This means that both professionally and personally, you have the opportunity to benefit from all that London has to offer.
The local area
Much of the City campus is located on the cusp of several of London's most vibrant neighbourhoods: design-focused Clerkenwell, Islington's fashionable Upper Street and the high-tech creative communities of Old Street and Shoreditch. Tree lined avenues and green spaces offer contrast to the vibrant street life, bars and restaurants of Exmouth Market and Hoxton Square, while the nearby Barbican Centre is a world-famous architectural landmark.
The City campus
City has a lively social and cultural scene, with clubs and societies, sporting facilities and opportunities for paid employment and volunteering. We also offer comprehensive support to all our students from day one, with staff on hand to provide health and wellbeing, accommodation and careers.