About the School of Health Sciences
Having applied to study in the School of Health Sciences at City, we hope you find our applicant information helpful as you prepare to study with us.
The School of Health Sciences is a leading provider of postgraduate education in healthcare and health and social care policy and practice. In addition to teaching excellence, our academic staff are clinical practitioners who are engaged in interdisciplinary research across the fields of nursing, midwifery, health policy, psychology, management and research, optometry, public health, food policy, radiography and language and communication science.
We are delighted that you have applied to study at City and hope that our Applicant pages will provide you with useful insight into our University, services and student experience. Please visit one of the following pages to find out more about the next steps:
- Post-registration courses - confirming and registering your place
- Pre-registration courses - confirming and registering your place
Meeting or visiting us
City hosts a range of events throughout the year to give you the opportunity to meet and discuss with City staff about your intended course of study. Our next Postgraduate Open Evening is scheduled for Wednesday 3rd June and you can register online. Alternatively, you can attend our upcoming online sessions to learn more about postgraduate study at City from the comfort of your own home.
You can also visit our campus and see our facilities first-hand by joining one of our weekly campus tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Read more and book your place.
All City academic staff can be found by searching the Staff Directory on the City website. Alternatively, if you would like to get in touch with someone, you can email email@example.com and we will put you in contact with the relevant member of staff.
Key facts about the School of Health Sciences
- The School of Health Sciences has established relationships with some of London's leading hospitals and trusts including Barts Health, East London Foundation Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Homerton, North Middlesex, UCLH and The Royal Free London.
- We are ranked 1st in London for Medical Technology, including Radiography, and 1st in London for student satisfaction in Nursing (The Complete University Guide 2020)
- The School incorporates the former St Bartholomew's School of Nursing and Midwifery with over 120 years' experience in educating health professionals.
- The School offers outstanding clinical training facilities and is one of the first universities in the UK to open a Technology Enabled Care Studio, City TECS.
- 100% of the School's research impact was judged as world-leading or internationally excellent in 2014's Research Excellence Framework (REF).