About The City Law School
The City Law School is one of London’s major law schools and offers an impressive range of academic and professional courses. Located in the heart of legal London, the School was the first in London to educate students and practitioners at all stages of legal education. At the postgraduate level, the School’s high-quality courses for law and non-law graduates are highly regarded by the profession
Postgraduate students at all levels benefit from the research expertise and practice experience of the School’s academic staff, many of whom are leading experts in their fields. Research spans across all major areas of law, including criminal law and criminal justice; commercial law and contract law; European law; public international law; media law; maritime law and transport; and professional practice.
The Graduate Diploma in Law allows graduates who have completed a non-law degree to begin studying for a career in law, by completing the seven core foundation subjects required for professional examinations in one year. The Bar Vocational Studies (BVS) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) have a worldwide reputation for excellence and equip students with the skills and knowledge required for legal practice. Finally, the Master of Laws programme (LLM) gives students the flexibility to deepen their understanding of particular areas of law while retaining the practice focus that is one of the hallmarks of the School’s approach.
Meet and visit us
We regularly host a range of on-campus events and online sessions throughout the year to give you the opportunity to talk to our academics, staff and students and learn more about studying at City. We currently don’t have any further Open Evenings scheduled until autumn 2020 but we have some alternative options for you to find out more information.
- Contact us - if you have any specific questions, please email us at one of the email addresses provided in this page and we will be happy to assist and/or put you in contact with the relevant member of staff. Alternatively, all City academic staff can be found by searching the Staff Directory on the City website.
- Join an online event - please visit our webpage and register to any available event that is relevant to you - new sessions may be added so we recommend checking this page regularly.
- Read the coronavirus hub: you can find the latest updates and guidance during these unprecedented times, including our FAQs webpage and City's official statements regarding starting your studies this September.
- Ask a student - you can chat directly with our students and learn from them about their experience and life at City.
- Take a virtual tour - you can explore remotely our campus, including our University's general areas, Schools and sports facilities.