Ryc is a PhD student in Health Psychology and joined in October 2014. She is studying the interprofessional relationships and the practice of collaborative working between midwives and health visitors in maternal and child health services.
Ryc completed her undergraduate studies in Psychology in Australia, then moved to the UK to do her MSc in Clinical and Health Psychology. During this time she was an affiliate researcher at the Manchester Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Research On Sleep (MICROS), where she contributed to a review of randomised controlled trials of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia.
- Certificate in Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials, Johns Hopkins University, United States, Mar 2014
- MSc Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 2012 – 2013
- BPsych Bachelor of Psychology, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 2009 – 2012
Filipino; Pilipino (can read, write, speak and understand spoken) and German (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).
- Omlin, X., Ballesio, A., Aquino, M.R.J., Espie, C.A. and Kyle, S.D. (2018). The effect of cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia on quality of life outcomes: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
- Ballesio, A., Aquino, M.R.J., Feige, B., Johann, A., Kyle, S.D., Spiegelhalder, K. … Baglioni, C. (2016). Network meta-analysis on the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapies for insomnia on daytime depression and fatigue.
- Aquino, M.R.J., Smith, D. and Edge, D. (2013). Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care for women from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) backgrounds: An exploratory study.
- Ballesio, A., Aquino, M.R.J.V., Feige, B., Johann, A.F., Kyle, S.D., Spiegelhalder, K. … Baglioni, C. (2018). The effectiveness of behavioural and cognitive behavioural therapies for insomnia on depressive and fatigue symptoms: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. Sleep Med Rev, 37, pp. 114–129. doi:10.1016/j.smrv.2017.01.006.
- Aquino, M.R.J.V., Olander, E.K., Needle, J.J. and Bryar, R.M. (2016). Midwives’ and health visitors’ collaborative relationships: A systematic review of qualitative and quantitative studies. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 62, pp. 193–206. doi:10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2016.08.002.
- Newham, J.J., Roberts, H., Aquino, M.R.J. and Olander, E.K. (2016). Supporting early family life: the importance of public health programmes. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 34(3), pp. 221–223. doi:10.1080/02646838.2016.1182812.
- Kyle, S.D., Aquino, M.R.J., Miller, C.B., Henry, A.L., Crawford, M.R., Espie, C.A. … Spielman, A.J. (2015). Towards standardisation and improved understanding of sleep restriction therapy for insomnia disorder: A systematic examination of CBT-I trial content. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 23, pp. 83–88. doi:10.1016/j.smrv.2015.02.003.
- Aquino, M.R.J.V., Edge, D. and Smith, D.M. (2015). Pregnancy as an ideal time for intervention to address the complex needs of black and minority ethnic women: Views of British midwives. Midwifery, 31(3), pp. 373–379. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2014.11.006.
- Editor, Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group (PsyPAG) Quarterly.
- Editor, PsyPAG Quarterly
Graduate Member, British Psychological Society
Member, Division of Health Psychology, British Psychological Society
Student member, North American Primary Research Care Group (NAPCRG)
Trainee, UK Society for Behavioural Medicine
Affiliate member, International Society of Behavioural Medicine