- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
Raphael's thesis focuses on issues concerning a carrier's obligations in carriage of goods by sea arrangement in the context of autonomous shipping. Given that this research pre-empts the imminent regulation of autonomous shipping by providing the much needed legal and regulatory vantage point of research on its effects from a commercial and carriage of goods by sea perspective, the aim of this research is to contribute to the eventual legal regulation (and adaptation) of autonomous shipping by focusing on the specific issue of carrier’s obligation.
Raphael's thesis is supervised by Professor Jason Chuah and Dr. Jonatan Echebarria Fernandez
- LLM, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- BL, Nigerian Law School, Nigeria
- LLB, Afe Babalola University, Nigeria
- AcArb, Institute of Chartered Arbitrators
- Academic Law Skill Acquisition, Business Law Academy
- Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Nigeria, Nigeria, Nov 2019
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Hertfordshire, Jan 2021 – present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City, University London, Jan 2021 – present
- Consultant, Sub Sahara Advisory Panel, Mar 2020 – present
- Legal Analyst, Logic Triangle Consulting, Jun 2018 – Jun 2019
Creoles and pidgins English based (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).